Friday 4 September 2009

Tips for your mate, Harley

Brake Bleeding Tips
Posted : Oct 14th, 2009-dangerdan /ONTARIO
This all started because I thought my front brakes were leaking. I loosened the bleeder nut for 5 seconds only. Now I am Looking for a 2nd opinion b4 I follow the recommended tip for this thread. THIS IS WHAT I DONE TO BLEED FRONT BRAKES (Dual front brakes)Remove resevoir top first.1)slowly squeeze brake lever.2)open bleeder nut and observe brake fluid for bubbles3)when brake lever has no more travel , tighten bleeder nut and release brake lever.Iniatialy there were a few bubble, but after one resevoir fill, I only saw clear fliuid. (BOTH SIDES WERE CHECKED)Brake lever is hard as a rock at about 1/2 travelWhat bothered me was that after doing step 3 for the last time, I squeezed the brake lever and it bottomed out, but after 5 minutes the brake lever became solid as rock at 1/2 travel. Its now 24 hrs after the fact and the brake lever is still solid as a rock at 1/2 travel. The bike is not ready for a road test for at least 2-3 days.DOT 5 (SILICON) was used.ANY OPINIONS ?
_______________________________________________________
Hello Bros,

Welcome to the HD community forum.
Joining is completely FREE and you'll gain ability to fully participate,
Full Posting Privileges, Access to Private Messaging, Optional Email Notification, Upload Photos, Upload Videos, Respond to Polls.
Send your emails to :
handydavidson@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment